Monday, August 8, 2011

mike 'wazowski' livesey

I can't do another blog post without first honouring my friend Mike, who was killed on Saturday the 30th July. I had only known him for 7 months, but his life impacted mine and many, many others. This was proven at the Celebration of his Life last Friday, because the whole of Northwood Boys school hall was packed with people. The testimonies that were shared touched even those who hardly knew him. Through this tough time his family and close friends have unified and strengthened each other in a way that I have never witnessed before. I'll never forget this time - Mike, your life had greater significance than you could have realised, because you lived it so fully, for God. I hope to be more like you.

"..and now He has made all of this plain to us
by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Saviour.
He broke the power of death and illuminated the way to life
and immortality through the Good News." ~ 1 Timothy 1:10 (NLT)


 mike's last facebook profile picture, taken on 21 july 2011 at unit11
paddle out in honour of mike, held 6 august 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment